To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Represents Lauda – Brinkmann, LP to a customer base and distributors. Introduces new products and product concepts: conducts demonstrations, technical seminars and user meeting as necessary. Attends local and national trade exhibits, while also communicating with customer base via virtual technology platforms. Responsible for customer satisfaction and success.
- Pursue purchasing contracts with customers and distributors that are in the best interest of Lauda – Brinkmann, LP as well as maximizing sales efforts of existing distribution partners.
- Explore and develop OEM opportunities. Maintain and nurture contractual agreements at such accounts, further managing future business partner relationships.
- Using persuasive skills and company supplied tools and equipment, meets company objectives for sales volume, product mix and new product awareness. Develops and executes time / territory management and account / distributor development plans.
- Provide monthly expense reports and other such reports and data as requested, accurately and on time.
- Maintains company information, sales tools, literature and equipment in good condition and in a secure manner. Keeps up-to-date customer and prospect files.
- Works to grow and create standardization of Lauda products in designated companies within their key accounts’ territory through customer seminars, on-site demonstrations, virtual prospecting / selling, lead follow up and customer satisfaction.
- As needed, provides own sales opportunities by prospecting; follows up leads in a timely manner.
- Executes selling strategies outlined by management.
- Provides support as needed for installations, customer training and minor service repair.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; and one to two years’ experience and/or training; or equivalent combination in laboratory instrumentation or related areas.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write business correspondence and reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, dealers, and company personnel.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, percentages and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and the metric system.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Digitally capable, including experience with MS Office platform. Digital video communications skills preferred. Position requires overnight travel as needed.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid drivers license required. Must maintain a good driving record. Good credit standing and credit card to pay business expenses.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, and may be required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described her are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may occasionally be excessive.